Did you know that skin cancer is the most common form of skin cancer? It’s true. In fact, skin cancer accounts for more than 50% of all cancers diagnosed in the United States. Each and every year, a whopping 3.5 million cases of squamous and basal cell skin cancer are being diagnosed, and that alarming rate continues to gradually rise. Melanoma in particular is the most threatening form of skin cancer, as over 190,000 cases were reported in 2019.
While skin cancer is way too common for comfort, the good news is that it is absolutely treatable if found early, and it is avoidable. How can you minimize your chances of reaping the adverse effects and possible fatal consequences brought on by skin cancer? For starters, you must be conscious of how much intense sunlight you are being exposed to at any given moment. You should also keep the following in mind:
• Be a Shade Seeker – This rule of thumb especially applies during the hours of 10am – 3pm when the sun is the strongest.
• Be a Sunscreen Applier – Aim for one with an SPF of 30 to 50. Apply the lotion to your entire body, including your face. And don’t forget about your lips! Lip balms with SPF can be found at your local drugstore and are a must-have!
• Be a Hat Wearer – Shield your face, ears and neck from the harsh sun rays as often as you can. This recommendation also applies to overcast days when the sun is surprisingly stronger than you think.
• Be a Tanning Bed Phobic – Tanning beds are straight up dangerous for your skin. Studies have shown that their harsh UV light can cause skin cancer and damage your skin in a myriad of ways. Simply put, don’t do it!
• Be a Spray Tan Fanatic – The safest, most effective and quick way to achieve the bronze glow you’re looking for is via the use of high quality sunless products. Use these as often as you want completely guilt and risk free!
At deSoleil Spray Tanning, we strongly believe that the health of your skin is everything! We take tremendous pride in providing our valued clients and their skin the safest and highest quality sunless tanning solutions the market has to offer.
It is incredibly important for you to take care of your skin because it’s the only one you have. We will happily help you do so through our Spray Tanning Services.
Happy (cancer free) Tanning!